I watched the Olympic's, lots and lots of Olympic coverage. I knit, lots and lots of knitting, and I drank tea, lots and lots of tea. I really enjoy the Winter Games!
The pattern that started the entire hat obsession was by Susan B. Anderson from her book Itty Bitty Hats. Once I got started I couldn't stop! I'm blaming Susan and her book. I knit hat, after hat, after hat, eleven of them!
When DGD was visiting us she picked out the Heart on a String hat pattern from Susan's book, as well as the yarn colors for her new hat. After they got home Mom had to buy a new coat for her and low and behold it was a perfect match for the hat. Here's the hat...
Here's another of the darlings...The Little Pink Cupcake Hat. It's smaller than the others and soo cute, if I do say so myself...and I do!
The I Love Violets Hat (on the left) was the second one I threw in for DGD. Naming them might be almost as much fun as knitting them.
After watching the Olympics and doing all that sitting and knitting I seemed to have been galvanized by all the energy I didn't use watching athletes do their thing in snow and cold and on ice. So now I'm using all of it organizing, cleaning and organizing....Truly, I've amazed myself!
The closet and bed in the second bedroom have developed into major problems areas, they grow clutter when I'm not looking! Suddenly all the available space, very unfortunately, somehow maxes out. The bed gets totally full and the closet? Much the same. I tossed some stuff out, organized and sorted a lot of things that were already here. And I also dragged like things from various places around the house to be here with their buddies. Oh joy! And, oh ouch! I spent two days recovering from lifting the now sorted and re-filled plastic bins back into the closet.
And that huge Ekorness Stressless chair and ottoman that's been cluttering up my living room has finally gone. gone. gone. AND to a good cause.
A knitting friend's husband and the pastor of their church came to collect it last week -- oh the joy!! They took it off my hands along with a whole bunch of other stuff that I'd been saving and sold it in their semi-annual fund raiser. Color me very happy! But hey, that corner of the dining room now looks a little, hmm....bare? Funny how you get used to things filling a space and don't pay much actual attention to them until they're moved.
It's such a relief to have it just go. So, tomorrow the garage?????
No comments:
Post a Comment