I've had an impossible time trying to learn to drop spin. After looking at some wonderful videos on YouTube I decided that supported spindling on a Navajo Spindle just might work for me. I have neck and shoulder issues that prevent me from being able to hold my arms up for any appreciable length of time. It's felt awkward and then, after a short while, darned painful.

A friend posted this YouTube video showing Master Weaver, Clara Sherman carding and spinning on a Navajo Spindle. Watching this convinced me that if Clara could do it so could I. Of course I'm ignoring the annoying little buzz in my head that says Psst! She's been doing it her entire life! Then I fell totally in love with a beautiful hand made and decorated spindle called Navajo Sun by Roosterick from his Etsy shop. Along with Navajo Spindles they also sell unique and interesting pewter buttons.
I'm waiting with bated breath for the spindle to arrive....oh I do hope I can make it work. Some places I knit are crowded and have little available floor space to set up even my lovely smaller Majacraft Pioneer spinning wheel. Also it sometimes is just too much to take all the extra stuff along with the wheel and my knitting. This should prove to be much more portable. We'll see how I do.
I recently received my replacement Bass Pro Shop order. The first one smelled very unfortunately of mildew! A fishing rod? Noooo...a Bait Bag...to use for circular knitting needle storage! Mine is the double.
Details and more pictures can be seen on my Ravelry project page.
Details and more pictures can be seen on my Ravelry project page.
No comments:
Post a Comment