Thursday, April 1, 2010

Breaking up is so hard to do...


Whether it's a boyfriend or a spinning wheel it's so hard to part with your first one! I loved this Double Treadle Ashford Traditional Wheel, but the time had come. After I got the Majacraft Pioneer, which is much easier for me to haul around, as well as my Navajo Supported Spindle for those really small spaces, I needed to move the Ashford along to someone who would appreciate all it had to offer. One really can't handle more than one at a time - come to think of it that goes for men too! 


I'd installed one upgrade, I'd replaced the little things that hold the spindle onto the maiden with the newest versions. They enable me to switch spindles quickly and easily. Maggie Casey had kindly looked it over while I was taking her popular Beginning Spinning Class at her shop in Boulder, Colorado. She declared it "a nice little wheel." Since she's sold them since the 1960's she'd know, and I certainly agree. She also suggested the upgrade I made to it. Maggie mentioned that she thought it had some pretty "tiger wood" on it...see the back leg in the picture and it's natural striping. So, I no longer have to look for a good home for my baby - it's gone to a Crochet designer who wants to be a new spinner and who loves it already! Gonna miss it for a while tho' - just like my first boyfriend!

No comments: