Friday, December 18, 2009

New technology!


Another year has gone by, I'm back in FL after spending July to Nov. in Colorado and it's time for some updating. 


Here "C" is at the Denver Science Museum, picking up "moon" rocks. A good time was had by all!


DGD "C" is four and what a delight! Full of fun, personality and determination wrapped up in the charm that usually gets her what she wants.


I still love my Mac Laptop. Apparently I loved it so much during the past year we had to run out and buy an external hard drive. "Why?" you might ask. Oh, wait, could it be??? I managed to load up so many photos and knitting patterns rich with pictures that I ran clear out of memory! Oh yes, indeedy! Even with using Ravelry to store many of my patterns I have too many on my laptop! While I may be able to cut down the number of patterns I store on my laptop I certainly will have more photos coming down the pike. So, thank you iomega external hard drive. They're small, look nifty and do the job!


I now have a hand held device that I hope will enable more blogging. We took advantage of a Verizon offered twofer on BlackBerry's. I got the new Storm 2 9550 Touch Screen and A got the BlackBerry Tour. We are both very happy, huh, and just how often does that happen? 


Although it took two hours in the Verizon store and two defunct phones before we got devices that functioned properly and we got out we were able to leave. People were pacing around and around. An annoyed man was overheard, saying to anyone nearby: "It took less time to buy my car and was a lot less confusing!" 


I have to give a lot of kudos to "David" who was super patient with his slow and what seemed like overly complicated system and the problems he encountered along the way. He finally got us taken care of and out the door with two working devices.
zahipedia_BlackBerry Storm2 9520
The infamous "crackberry" site opts in with info, an in depth review and a video



Wowza...this is a fabulous touch screen, in either direction! It has a real click feel to it which you can watch for yourself if you look at the video at either link I provided! And the device is fun and yes, somewhat confusing as the entire concept is brand new to me and I'm still learning how to use it. I am happy to see it is fairly user friendly. Many things work the way I expect them to. And when it comes to technology, THAT always surprises me! 


The camera is easy to use. So far, amazingly, I haven't figured out how get it to take quite as good a picture as well as my old LG camphone! I'm still working on that. The idea of being able to blog and send pics right from the BlackBerry is exciting. Assuming I can figure out how to do it, it sounds easy -- we.will.see!


And why the paragraphs on this post look so far apart I do not know....

No comments: