First of all every time I try to edit this I end up with more problems, with the layout and font type and font size. So, please forgive the odd spaces. And why it changes the font to a random huge size, or back to it after it has been edited and saved, I have no idea. Grr. I am loosing so much time just trying to get this to line up properly. I.Give.Up.
Which is a nice segway to my post "Lost in time":
I've spent most of today falling into the bottomless pit that is Ravelry! I was supposedly loading up my old projects and one thing lead to another. Laughable or maybe downright scary is just how lost in time one can get. It was a good way to learn more about what the site has to offer. And it was alarming how much I learned about my "friends" knitting habits and interests...I didn't realize that every time one marks a favorite pattern, for instance, that "fave" can be looked at by all one's friends. Hmm, feeling a draft, perchance?
Finally finished the scarf my Dad requested. He moved from FL to GA and then to WI. This from a man who had said, very emphatically, when he moved from Massachusetts to FL, "I never want to wear anything but shorts and a T-shirt ever again!" He'd complain when it was 50 and he had to put on a jacket!
My Dad's already impatient and had muttered, during our last phone call: "I'd like it sometime before Spring!" No problem Dad. But I've got bad news, in WI Spring can be very 'late'. Then there are those days in Spring it snows...Plenty of time to use the scarf and the surprise hat. Both in Encore.


I'd serendipitously found the hat pattern when I wasn't even looking for a matching one. So,even though my Dad has not requested a hat, instead of mailing the scarf when I'd said, I took a few more days to knit one. I hope he likes it. And yes, I'm holding my breath.
Patterns: Cap Karma Hat by SmarieK --A Free pattern on Ravelry.
Scarf is mine, just happened to pick the same st. pattern 99 St Patterns by Leisure Arts.
In the box I included a pretty scarf knit in Dune that I'd made a few years ago using a simple K2tog, YO eyelet pattern combined with garter st rows. Part of an experiment to see just how little yarn could produce a hat [89 yards] it had sit quietly in my project drawer waiting for the right person. I hope B likes Mohair.

I've also been thinking about what my next lace piece will be...so many delicious patterns around online both free and for purchase. And a huge number of those patterns I already own. Not that that stopped me from acquiring more. I have, after all, something of an obsession with lace.
Uh oh, does that mean I have to get back on Ravelry?
No comments:
Post a Comment