Here is a worthy use of time and resources you might just have sitting around in your house: Project Night Night. Recycle nearly new children's books and stuffed animals and either make or purchase a blanket to add to the Night Night Bag. The bag is donated to children's shelters accross the country and is the first thing that greets the rescued child when they enter. Many times this is all the children have if they have to be rescued quickly, or come from homes that were destroyed. You can also start your own local version of this by purchasing their bags:
Home page: http://projectnightnight.org
Short video - scroll to second one: http://projectnightnight.org/video.html
A just got back from CO, via a business trip to CA. He enjoyed visiting with out daughters and granddaughter and returned with a calendar. All the pictures are from DGD C and it was created by DD#1. It certainly warms a grandmother's heart...and a grandfather's too! I flipped through them over and over....and I'm sure I will look through all the months again and again...
No comments:
Post a Comment